Monday, January 27, 2014

A week of Lunches...

Is it just me or is finding good lunch ideas ridiculously hard? I kind of envy those who only need to really come up with dinner recipes. Kind of.

Anyhoo, since I stay at home with Andrew and hubby is home most days, I figured it's something I should start doing a better job of.... you know, no more tuna salad sandwiches or cereal or "I don't know, grab whatever looks good I guess." LOL

Here is our full menu for this week:

Monday: Sloppy Joes for Lunch, Mac and Cheese for a quick Dinner before hubby goes to work.

Tuesday: Tuna Wraps for Lunch, Shrimp Stir Fry for Dinner.

Wednesday: Homemade Chicken Pot Pie for Lunch, Salad and Soup for Dinner.

Thursday: Leftovers for Lunch, Ordering Pizza for Dinner.

Friday: Deviled Eggs and toast for Lunch, Turkey burgers for Dinner ...REALLY excited about the Turkey Burgers! We got "Cowboy" ones from the store that have jalapenos, cheddar, bacon, etc in the meat. Also got a spinach and feta one to split :)

Saturday: Sandwiches (Ham or Turkey and Swiss) for Lunch, Skillet Sausage and Pasta with veggies for Dinner.

Sunday: Denver omlets for Lunch, Out to the Hibachi grill for Hubby's birthday dinner.

....Of course our menu starts with Saturday and ends with Friday because we do our grocery shopping on Friday mornings.



Not much new going on here, baby and I caught colds around the 16h, so I was pretty much MIA for 2 days straight. Baby has been pretty good, but STILL has a runny nose, so we will be going in to the doc later this week. Hubby has been pretty good about keeping away from it but started feeling sick today so I'm pumping him full of OJ, water and Cold Care tea. Echinacea is going on the shopping list, lol.



Our weekend was a LOT of fun! Friday we rented "The Butler" and "Captain Phillips", ordered pizza and had a nice night in.

Saturday hubby and I went to see "Catching Fire" finally. It was SO good! It was my favorite book of the series so I was a bit apprehensive but overall I really loved it! It felt so nice to have an outing just to ourselves. It's been a long while since we've had a real date night type of thing. 
Later that evening we headed out for hubby's birthday surprise. I'm pretty sure he thought I was literally leading him to be axe murdered, haha. We drive half an hour NorthEast of home, into a small town, parked in front of a park, and walked to a house on the corner. After a while though, he realized I brought him to a house concert for Bill and Kate Isles! They are a couple from Minnesota that we went to see a few times, on tour here in FL! It was a great night, we both love their music and we got to chat a bit which was a lot of fun :)

Sunday was hubby's actual birthday. We went to church, new member class and later that night, a hibachi grill with a bunch of his work friends for another worker's birthday. He got sung to, a few gifts, a cupcake and pretty drunk by the end of the night so I think he enjoyed himself.... and we got back in time for Downton Abbey so I had a pretty good night too hehehe ;-P



Weeeellllll, I think that's about it for tonight! Off to take advantage of some rare reading time! 

TTFN <3

No comments:

Post a Comment