Wednesday, March 26, 2014

St. Paddy's Day and owies

Well, I have again gone way too long between posts. Oops :-S

We've had another busy few weeks. Jesse is working extra, I've had a series of doctor's appointments (still have 5 left in April and May), and little man and I are in the middle of colds.
I am finally getting around to getting everything up-to-date. Had my annual women's doctor appointment, dentist appointment which turned into 8 more appointments.... my teeth have suffered since having Andrew lol..., had a Primary Care appointment with blood tests- all came back perfect so now just waiting for women's doctor lab results and then I have a dermatology appointment next month as well. And then I shall be done!

BIG news-- Jesse got into Grad School here at USF!!!! SO proud of him, I knew he'd get in but I think he was not so sure (he was crazy surprised/ excited when he found out).

In just under a week now we fly to Minnesota for two weeks!! I'm getting so excited to have a mini vacation, see some cool peoples and we're all especially excited for the wedding!!! :-D Also really looking forward to Andrew seeing his grandparents more-- it's crazy how much he's changed since they were here in January!

Well, we had a very low-key St. Patrick's Day. Just went to a festival downtown which was so-so. We are looking forward to making a day of it next year when Andrew is more interactive. Here's a few pictures:






This past Friday night (of course while hubby was working a shift) we were hanging out in the living room, me sitting in the middle of the room, Andrew walking around, Spongebob in TV. And while watching the TV the poor little guy misjudged the distance between him and the TV stand, fell forward and hit his lip and head on the way down. He had an instant bruise on his head, and his tooth had gone through his lip-- it was hanging on by one small piece of flesh and the blood was flowing. I of course got to him as he was falling so I couldn't stop it but after a quick call to Jesse we headed to the ER nearby (thank goodness my mother was around at the time).
We stopped the bleeding before we left, and he got in pretty quickly but he needed two stitches which meant debriding/ screaming and crying, irrigation/ screaming and crying, a numbing shot/ screaming and crying and then being strapped to a board and held down by three of us while the doctor started stitching which meant SERIOUS screaming and crying. I somehow made it through without losing it. Andrew fell asleep during the second stitch, and once he was done he curled up in my lap, got his dose of codeine and passed out for about 45 minutes through his vital checks and until his daddy arrived. 
We picked up his pain meds and antibiotics afterwards and headed home around midnight (5 hours after arriving) and munchkin passed out immediately. This next two days were rough because I was super paranoid but he did great with everything (though he did get pretty upset when he saw syringes filled with oral liquids coming near him for the first day).





All in all, he was a total trooper, it's healing great, I'm hovering less and have now experienced my first truly traumatizing parental situation which will hopefully make any other emergencies a bit calmer.

Pre-stitches, waiting with daddy while I had a consult with my PCP


Anyhoo, that's all for now. TTFN! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment