Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Easter and playing catch-up

Wow, the past month has been way too busy! So we got home from Minnesota the week of Easter and since I had stomach flu (see previous post) I was really in no mood for celebration/ barely aware of the holiday/ had been on a liquid diet for 4 days so just toast made my stomach hurt I was so full..... SOOOOOO Easter was pretty 'whatever' here. We got up, went to church, had an Easter PILE in the afternoon since mama was too sick to search the closet for his basket, and had family time. Really dropped the ball.



The next morning, however, we all packed up and hit the after-holiday deals at Target. I give myself $50 each holiday to stock up on half price goodies and it's working quite nicely. We realized early this year that little man still has no idea what a holiday is so this year until Thanksgiving we will just kinda half-ass it and gear up for big, fun holidays beginning next year.

This past weekend we did a lot of the norm, grocery shopping, hanging out, etc. but we also shopped for flip flops at Old Navy-- $2 per pair! Though I got too small of a size so I need to exchange a pair.... but drove my mom to and from the car fixer and ran a few other errands.



We also made it to the zoo and spent two days at the pool where Andrew had a blast running all over with daddy trailing him and then throwing himself head-first into the pool (where I was swimming along with them to catch him). We had a blast!








Today I felt so accomplished. We found a missing bag of Andrew's things from the trip, cleaned out his drawers and pulled out the next size up clothes, started my chili at 10am, pre-made a bunch of waffles to take out and toast for quick breakfasts, and we even got to go play! We went to PetCo to see some animals and Andrew ended up loving the cats and -- get this -- no allergic reaction, yay! He stuck his finger in a kitten's mouth and poked an adult cat in the eye but they were very calm and good. We are thinking we may have to invest in a cat one of these days ;)

Also, we went to the park purely to let Andrew run around in the grass but on our way to the slide we met a nice family, his mother and their son who is only weeks older than Andrew! We ended up staying for a while talking with them and letting the boys play and it was wonderful. As we left they told us they are at that park pretty much every day and the first thought in my mind was "we have to come here every day." LOL being a parent is so strange. I am a total loner but I want Andrew to interact with kids his age so the though of this kid and little man getting along got me soooo excited, haha! We'll see, maybe we'll see them again and maybe we won't. It's so freaking hard though to meet other parents. The ones at music class were super cliquey and I haven't gone to stroller strides more than the one playdate so no idea if anything will come of that. We're hoping to go to a few more events of theirs in the next few months here though.

Date Night! Home state team TWINS vs. Rays :)


It's been wonderful having our routine back! Little man is so much happier and I am so much more relaxed. And I am finally feeling like I'm getting out of my funk!! 

Last but not least, here's our dinner menu for the week! TTFN! <3

Monday: Roasted Garlic Mushroom Lentil Soup and Salads

Tuesday: Crockpot White Chicken Chili

Wednesday: Creamed Peas on Toast

Thursday: BBQ Chicken legs (got these pre-made from Whole Foods!) and salad

Friday: Breakfast-for-Dinner

Saturday: Dinner Out

Sunday: Homemade Fettuccini Alfredo




No comments:

Post a Comment