Sunday, August 31, 2014

College and Grad School

So, I dropped out of college in Spring Semester 2012. I was an officer for a student organization called "Attitudes" (a dance org) and was choreographing and dancing in the end of year performance, but I was working a ton, we were planning a move to Florida and I've never particularly liked going to classroom classes, I prefer online. I spoke to my department head about trying to make it work from a different state, but it really seemed unlikely.

SO, I have been looking into online classes at Ashford University and SNHU and they both have European History classes which is what I want to do. I am hoping to apply early in 2015 and maybe start in the fall of that year doing one class a semester, and then hopefully once Jesse graduates I can move to full-time.

Jesse just had his first week of grad classes and even though it's great he only has to go 2 days a week, we can already tell it's gonna mix things up quite a bit.
I am so, so proud of him. He has been talking a bit with one of his professors about a research opportunity, is doing a pretty good job so far keeping up with things/ finding time for readings and such between work and family stuff. And he also just nabbed an ideal shadowing opportunity he needed for class. Psychology is what he is passionate about and it shows. He is going to thrive in this atmosphere, surrounded by great professors, academic opportunities and surrounded by others passionate about the same things. So happy for him :)

Anyhoo, this is why I've been MIA this past month. It's been a struggle finding last minute finances for things he needs, getting everything together, etc. Also I feel like I am being so lazy! It's like I'm in a standstill waiting to move to a new place. We're hoping to leave mid November and I'm so ready to change things up. For one, I don't feel comfortable in our current surroundings. Our porch is disgusting, there has been crap floating in the pools here and they has to install cameras at the local park due to car break-ins and criminals running from the cops. No joke. So, I'm not about to head out to any near-by locations with my little guy so he and I are both stir crazy and I just can't stop daydreaming about all that extra space for him to run around in. 
We are taking a big road trip in less than 3 weeks now though so hopefully that will help :)

Well that's all my blabbing for today, I'll post more fun stuff next haha

TTFN <3

No comments:

Post a Comment