Wednesday, April 15, 2015

We love soccer!

A while ago, Andrew started soccer classes - we were really worried about how he would be about participating but he surprised us at how well he did!

Backtracking... we really try, I swear, to get him interacting with other kids. Jesse tends not to spend much time with other parents/ doesn't have time to and I am a total hermit since moving here (I'm trying - joined a book club and once we have money we'll be dancing and I'll *hopefully* be doing this stroller strides group thing. Just not there quite yet, haha). So we try to take him to the playground and parks often, but I swear we never run into the same people twice. Our next door neighbors have two twin toddler boys which would be great, but again, we've only seen the parents twice. Sigh.



We take him to music class once a week which helps, but most of the kids are younger. And actually, we've noticed that if I am with, he's more clingy. So we've started making Tuesday mornings father/son time. I get two hours to catch up around the house, tackle something special or just chill which is AWESOME and it's great for them to be getting time one-on-one. Apparently Andrew is very comfortable wandering around and is a great cleaner-upper haha!



SO, back to the point, soccer. He worked with another kid to score a goal, ran all over, participated in all the activities, even ran an obstacle course which had a tunnel - and with barely a pause he crawled through a tunnel for the first time EVER. It was awesome.



Also, I am a snack coordinator for our group. When did I become a soccer mom? Where is my minivan? Ha ;)

1 comment: