Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Six and a half months!!

Time is going by so fast!!

"What's up with your baby? He now weighs a full two pounds and measures nine-plus inches. And this week, his eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, start to open. Of course, there's not much to see in there, but if your baby spots a bright light (or hears a loud noise) near your belly, you may notice an increase in fetal activity. (“Hey, I'm in here, Mommy! Where’s the party!”) What accounts for that response? His brain is more developed and sophisticated."
--whattoexpect.com
Wearing one of my mama's awesome retro maternity tops lol :)


How far along? 26 Weeks

Maternity clothes? Some! Lately when I'm around the house I wear the bright blue or pink maternity shorts from my mom and either a cami or one of her maternity tops, but when we go out I often pick leggings or pants/ shorts with the belly band and a maternity or stretchy, long top. I do have a coupon though for clothes at Motherhood Maternity that expires soon so I'm thinking Friday will have to be a shopping day :)


Stretch marks? I do have a few which blows BUT rubbing on that stretch cream twice a day now so *fingers crossed* those will be the only ones!

Sleep: Sleep is good, though I often am still tired during the day.... I'm prolly not getting enough of something but geez it seems like I sleep for ages every night! P.s. My body pillow was the best investment ever. Also the mattress pad.

Best moment this week: Shopping spree for baby! We got lots of great loot (check the photos)! I'm adamant about not getting too many clothes cuz I know he is gonna outgrow em like that, but there are SO many cute outfits!!! We found the outfit he will be wearing at Jason and Jaime's wedding too-- it is the most adorable thing ever! Now if we could only find a baby fedora.... 


Miss Anything? Now that it is autumn/ football season I am seriously hankering for a beer/ hard cider. Almost cried the other day seeing Jesse eat REAL sushi while I ate the vegetarian kind, but oh well. I'm just looking forward to March when I can indulge my drinking and sushi cravings lol

Movement: ALL the time! I read that you should feel like 10 movements an hour around 28weeks... last night he moved/ kicked about 20 times in 30 minutes so I think we be okay haha. When I lay on my side though he can do quite the number on my lower rib. Otherwise I am very entertained by putting my phone on my belly and watching him kick at it.

Food cravings: Nothing too regularly. Apples are now out because I have nightmarish heartburn after eating them (sigh), and sure things sound good but not really craving anything routinely. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Hamburger kind of. I really want to make tacos and see how that goes, but Jesse's goulash and hamburger helper (even though it smells amazing and the noodles taste great) make me gag a tiny bit because I am just not a fan of the hamburger. I finally worked up the nerve to tell him this recently haha!


Gender: Boy!


Symptoms: It seems like heartburn is a fairly regular thing. Like it's always lingering in the back of my throat and when I eat something (like apples) it goes crazy lol. Otherwise, just general aches and obviously the tummy/ kicks are somethin to get used to.

Belly Button in or out? It's hangin on. Jesse says it fluctuates from almost poppin out to barely in. I haven't noticed much change from the first time I noticed it was crazy shallow. Looks pretty strange though. Especially with the scar tissue/ scars from my belly button piercings haha!


Wedding rings on or off? on - so surprised I don't have swollen fingers/toes yet... it actually almost seems as if they are often more loose than usual. I really hope it stays that way!


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy/ feeling like a speeding train is headin towards me lol... I do feel very calm and peaceful most of the time though and nothing in the world feels/ has felt as good as stretched out with Jesse's hand on my bump. I love our little family and absolutely cannot wait to meet this little guy <3


Looking forward to: The pizza Jesse is currently bringing home, getting the furniture ordered this week, finishing buying baby stuff (really only have little stuff to get now), and getting insurance figured out so I can be cleared to fly so we can buy tickets to MN for next month!!!!! I am getting SO anxious cuz there are some GREAT deals going on at the moment!!! :-S




And onto the loot we found on our last shopping adventure....




Mom just had to get this hehe-- isn't it cute?

Andrew will be LIVING in onesies if I have anything to say about it lol

Waterproof pad for the mattress

Waterproof pads and two covers (one brown and one blue of course) for the changing pad

Organic surface wipes, dish soap, all-purpose cleaner, hand sanitizer and laundry detergent for baby <3  Love this stuff!

The last one they had tee hee

Tiny baby socks!!! Carters is SUCH a great place!!

Crib bumper

Our new non-gender-specific diaper bag (that either of us can use rather than getting two). I LOVE it, it has insulated pockets for bottle, portable changing pad, a wipe-dispenser pocket, etc.

Free car seat cover

The mobile Jesse picked out. He was very adamant about it being super colorful and noise-making for development (Ah the perks of having a psychologist hubby/ baby daddy haha). He wanted a mirror on it too, but decided the one of baby's rattle will be enough.

Free nursing cover

Changing pad! Love that it has the three side enclosure, AND our dresser/ changing table has a border so it'll be enclosed on all sides. I like that :)

I just HAD to get this... have heard great reviews, and it was on sale!   Nap Nanny


Well, that's all for today folks! Expect another blog soon! 

*if anyone is wondering, the free bottle, nursing cover, car seat cover and baby sling I have received were all thanks to some great offers I got with my first-ever purchase at Motherhood Maternity (see link above)-- it's been GREAT! Only paid about $30 (shipping) for over $140 worth of supplies!*

TTFN <3


No comments:

Post a Comment