Wednesday, August 7, 2013

"Fighting for Finley"

First off, I am totally ripping off karlshappilyeverafter blog-- but it was too heart wrenching not to.

"FIGHTING FOR FINLEY"

This is Finley:



She was born with little to no heartbeat and was put into a medically induced coma. She was given an EEG last week and had flat brain activity and Doctors gave her a one in a million chance of surviving.
However this week, she is responding to some stimuli and seems to be improving little by little.

"Today has been a good day. We woke up this morning with a peace and vigor we haven't felt since Finley's birth. After several affirmations through seemingly random scriptures that have found us and through the many, MANY prayer warriors out there asking blessings for us, we have a real sense of peace and hope.
This morning as we were driving to the hospital we prayed that God would not just show us signs of hope, but that He would baffle the staff at the hospital. God answers prayers. Finley has started responding to hand and foot stimulation! She doesn't always do it, but from time to time, scratching her feet or plying with her toes causes her to try to retract her feet! And sometimes she'll move her hands when we are holding them. On top of that, her legs are starting to resist movement, albeit ever so slightly. We don't know what these movements mean yet, but we do know that they've baffled one doctor and two nurses! We're praising God for showing us signs of improvements and confusing the medical team all at the same time! Please continue to pray for leaps and bounds in the improvement of our little world changer."



"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
-Isaiah 41:10

This so breaks my heart. 
I cannot even begin to imagine what her and this family must be going through. It makes me so incredibly thankful for Andrew's health. I wish he was awake so I could hold him... and the fact that we are able to do that just reminds me of how lucky we are.

Our prayers go out to this family, I wish them peace and strength and most of all I pray their baby girl continues to make progress and prove those doctors wrong! 
Please pray for this family, send them good and healing and peaceful thoughts. You can also follow them here.
You can also show support by donating here to help with their medical bills.

God bless you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment