Friday, August 2, 2013

Happy August!!



First of all HAPPY AUGUST! I cannot believe this month is already here, fairly evident as I keep saying 'next month' when referring to August...
This is the month we travel back to our home state, Minnesota, the month of Andrew's baptism, my Golden Birthday AND our two-year wedding anniversary!! 

Yes, it is a very full and exciting month!

I was very excited to happen upon this blog post I found on Facebook: sunshineandsippycups It has 10 ways to make money from home! I am working through Net Transcripts to make a little extra money, but every little bit helps-- and a lot of these look fairly easy so yay! Gotta try some of those out.

...On that subject, I previously applied for Income-Congruent Repayment Plan for my student loans and they are still charging me $227 a month! I love how they think we have that much left a month.... we would be living much nicer if that were the case, lol!
If only this actually helped...

I was really excited previously about going back to school to finish my degree (I am about 3/4 of the way through my degree) and have recently found two online universities offering European History programs. BUT with this new development who knows if we'd be able to afford it? They make it SO easy. Unless you have a degree, you can hardly afford your bills but you have to qualify for financial aid to get your degree OR make enough to pay your loans AND tuition... sigh.

One last rant. There is a very small pool of rental homes available in Jesse's work area. It kind of sucks. I found one PERFECT one that is affordable for the most part, looks fabulous and seems like it would work out. It's even in Wesley Chapel. But I have a good feeling we won't end up there haha, I'll try to be optimistic about it all though :)

Now in Andrew news: He is as cute as ever. Seriously I am pretty sure every minute he sleeps increases his cute factor. That's a lot of cuteness. 
He is heavily experimenting with sitting up by himself, he will lean on his hands, then push off and balance for awhile and most of the time when he starts falling over again he catches himself. 










He is a very good eater, but impatient for each bite. He makes a whiny sort of sound after each bite-- I'm not sure if that's his version of "mmmm" or if it's hunger and the spoonfuls just aren't getting to his mouth fast enough. I think I will try giving him his sippy cup first for awhile and see if he likes that better. 
The little guy tried broccoli today!! The grossed out face arrived on the third bite haha... the second feeding he just started crying and I guess not fully swallowing the bites so as I'm making dinner (Jesse is feeding him) I start to hear choking. BAD choking, like I've never heard before. He eventually swallowed/ spit out but that was an awful few moments. Thank God Jesse is great with emergencies AND knows basic first aid for infants. Then my brilliant hubby suggested mixing the two foods together and, of course, it worked great. I love that man.
We picked up a prescription for hypoallergenic formula today, hopefully that makes baby's face rash go away! We will pick some up at the end of the month for him so we should know by early September.
Lastly, is there anything better than baby giggles??? I think not. :)



A picture of Andrew in the fort we made yesterday because it was too overcast for the pool :)

TTFN! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment