Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Life is rough when you are impatient.


I. Love. Traveling. I am one of those weirdos who adores airports. Seriously unless I maybe flew somewhere all the time, I think I could almost live in them. I'd need to be rich of course, but that's beside the point.




My mother is also a big traveler. I think by the time I was 17 I had been to at least 40 states, Canada and Europe. I will also be a travel fanatic when it comes to our kids -- like at least one big trip a year. While we're living on the East coast I definitely want to take a train trip up to New York and maybe Maine. Stop in D.C., head over to the Hershey Factory and Nashville, etc. And hit up The Lion King on Broadway in my beloved Big Apple :) My mom blames our love for travel on our genes and I totally agree. It's the "gypsy" in us. Well, it's the Czechoslovakian in us... and I have MAYBE a drop of it... but whatever it's an excuse ;-P



Next week we take the little man on his very first plane ride! All the way from Florida to Minnesota. He will be thrust into a Florida winter in terms of temperature, and he will have his very first dip in a lake. He will, of course, have a fit and hate us for awhile (at least until we feed him next) but it's gotta happen. He spent his first 5 months in MN! Okay it was all in my belly but still. 

This is what he will probably feel like....


Have I mentioned I can't wait?? I've almost started packing about 10 times and have to exercise all of my self-control to not do so until at least Sunday. As most of you know, I am a packrat, but hopefully I can keep some of it to a minimum. Let's just say I'm glad we decided to check a big suitcase hehe.

Can I bring the kitchen sink, too??


We are heading to our first-ever parenting socialization/ play date/ whatever today and I am scared out of my mind. Probably doesn't help that I am a total introvert and homebody, but I am also a control freak and I don't know what these women are like, what their kids are like, what all this play date entails, if he is of an appropriate age for the activities....the list goes on. Thank goodness I have a somewhat fly-by-the-seat-of-his-pants hubby who also is VERY sociable and charismatic. Where would I be without him?? 

Yes.


I am not a huge coffee drinker, but I am on my second cup of super strong french roast this morning and I am literally shaking a tiny bit. 



Man did I lose my tolerance for caffeine while I was pregnant! It doesn't help that it is combined with overwhelming excitement to see friends, family and my bestie next week, anxiety over this playdate thing and total anticipation to hear my friend's baby has been born! Can't wait to see the little cutie's face! :-D



Lastly, Happy Breastfeeding Week! Whether you chose to breastfeed or bottle feed, or were "forced" to do either, you rock mamas!

Alright, off to try to find some transcription work and try to organize this super messy desk/ do my menu planning and the dusting/vacuuming I neglected to do yesterday. Ta-ta for now! <3





No comments:

Post a Comment