Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mama, daddy and baby date day... and the first ballet class in 3 years.

So we have been thinking about this date day for months. I kid you not, MONTHS. 

I read so many articles encouraging mothers to venture out to the movie theater with newborns but I just could not bring myself to do it. I know as a single woman I always loved kids and babies but it would annoy me if there were crying babies around with parents not really interested in being considerate to others. I am the kind of mom that I will let my plans get delayed if it means others don't have to be subjected to our kid's screams. SO it took me finding a kids movie, 2 months after it opened, at 10:35am on a Tuesday morning to agree to take Andrew. There was one other person (older man) but otherwise the theater was empty. Andrew did great! He watched about 2/3 of it, and slept for awhile in the middle.

Afterwards we window shopped through the entire mall (it is humongous). We found good places to shop for Andrew for Christmas, I became bent on visiting a Bath and Body works soon, and we also found an awesome tea shop where we want to purchase some tea, beet sugar and a set. Yup, we're turning into those kind of people ;-P

Sunday we relaxed and went to the beach with friends.
Here are some pictures of our week so far :)

Napping in his tent

Reading with Daddy

Loving being messy!

Sunset Beach

...at Sunset

Tuesday (the big date day) we went to Citrus Park to see a movie and window shop


He's getting SO BIG

Ready for the movie!

Intently watching the movie while gulping down a bottle

Making a "kissy" face


First time the little man has fallen asleep on me in a long time.

No pictures from ballet class but it was really fun! We went early, chatted with some of the dance moms, met the teacher, talked about how there will be a live screening of Carlos Acosta in Royal Ballet's Don Q here in TAMPA (!!!!!), and chatted a bit with the other dancers. Our friend never showed up but most of the other dancers were very nice and welcoming. The teacher reminds me of a teacher I had as a kid, Lydia - she was a lot of fun.

 By about the 4th combination I was drenched "glistening" with sweat, it's such a good workout! I was a little bummed that I didn't get any corrections, but afterwards the teacher told me about the Intermediate/ Advanced class days so I think that maybe means I did okay haha. I definitely want to stick in the beginning class for a while though, it's good to go back to the basics especially after not taking a class in three years. Also, I'm out of shape and semi un-flexy for the moment. I do, however, kind of want to try to go every week rather than once every other week.... we'll see if that happens.

Will have another update blog later this week about our very big/long/trying day that tomorrow will be.

TTFN! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment