Friday, February 6, 2015

Phase Two

So I caught some type of horrible bug at the state fair this past weekend... I'm still a mouth breather, surrounded by used tissues and this morning I needed to sit down halfway through cooking eggs. So, here's a post I had saved up ;)

Just after my mom moved into her new place, the kitchen/ dining area was the place I was most anxious to work on.... it was the messiest of messes.



In no particular order, here are the first 'improvements' we made:

A new large sized clock. Still don't know what to do with this nook area. My only thought is that we'd have to nail or screw something into place as it is well within munchkin reach...


One weekend my mother took Andrew for a sleepover and hubby and I painted until the wee hours of the morning so Andrew could have his room looking familiar again... we also converted his crib to a toddler bed and he got SO excited about it. He still loves flinging himself up there when it's time to sleep.


Got new curtains for the porch door (it came with the long blinds but Andrew broke a bunch of those at the last place so we had them taken down). After picking out a print we liked we were excited to see how well it went with the painting hung nearby!


This is from Christmas time... finally got the table moved into it's proper place. We hung our sconces and a random painting I had laying around. Hoping to put up a few paintings of wine bottle and vineyard scenes in the dining area.


Kitchen slowly coming together... p.s. Lime Chips go perfectly with my White Chicken Chili from my recipes page ;-P


Our bedroom was the hardest thing to tackle. We don't allow the little guy in our room often so we were hardly ever in there to make any progress. It ended up being finished the day before my in-laws arrived, whew!


Closet... it looks much, much worse now. Back to the drawing board for this one.


Almost there, kitchen.


We got a second Laiva Bookcase to match our original one. They are only $25 at IKEA and have worked great for us! The TV stand is from one of Jesse's fellow students at USF and the TV we got through Jesse's work on a payment plan. The guy practically had a heart attack when I agreed he could splurge on the 4k 55 inch "masterpiece" haha! Thank goodness for Black Friday deals too!

Those cords still bug me though...


Starting to get furniture arranged...


We put up these "bookshelves" (Bekvam Spice Rack - $3.99 each) in Andrew's room. He has since pulled them all out of the wall. Twice. SO off to go find drywall anchors... we plan to try to hunt down a cute little armchair to put here since we have a bookworm on our hands.


After perusing at Target and saying aloud "Who has $80 for a couch cover?!?" I turned around and went to Tuesday Morning where I found one. last. one. It unfortunately is for a loveseat so the side seams are a little wonky but hey. This was a $60 couch that I hope to replace this Spring and the cover cost $18. Worth it.

You may remember my "I promise this isn't blood" post explaining WHY we needed a cover... if not, here ya go.


I love this view. We lucked out. After being denied from our 1st choice we dashed around collecting brochures and this place had a first floor, wood panelled, conservation view, 2 bedroom available the very day we wanted it, $50 off per month and Jesse's work is a preferred employer. Score.


Photo wall in the entry way. We had the center one already so I printed off some photos online through Target... cost less than $2 and each frame cost under $5 at IKEA. Stuck them on with velcro strips and plan to update them every so often.



Pre-new TV and bookcase.....




Daddy and munchkin enjoying the new rug! (found here)



No comments:

Post a Comment