Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lucky week #13?


" What's up with your baby? Well, besides being as large as a peach now, that big old noggin of hers is now about half the size of her crown-to-rump length (that’s one reason why your little peach looks more like an alien from outer space at this point). By the time you give birth, her body will catch up, measuring three-quarters of her total size. What else is going on in there? Tiny bones are beginning to form in her arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are well under construction (the first step toward saying, "I love you, Mommy!"). And because she can move her arms and legs in a jerky fashion, she may be able to get her thumb into her mouth (a habit that may come in handy for self-soothing when she’s a newborn)." -- whattoexpect.com


How far along? 13-ish weeks... hoping we will know more for sure how far along we are when we finally go in lol
  
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but I'm starting to look around and see what sort of things I like.

Sleep: Good-- only got up once last night, but it's been so hot I usually can't fall asleep for what feels like ages.

Best moment this week: Today, getting to spend the day with my hubby and have a date night before salsa. Excited for tomorrow night too :)

Miss Anything?  The usual... hard cider, lunchmeat, sushi, smoked salmon... sad that I can't do pilates core workouts really anymore. Oh and this just in... if my burger is even slightly pink it makes my stomach churn to the point that I can't eat it. Sigh. The sucky part is I like red meat rare... ohhh well.

Showing Yet? Still only slightly. Jesse announced this morning while examining my little bump that the birth line or whatever it's called is starting to just be visible, so that's something haha

Movement: Nope, not yet-- can't wait for that though!

Food cravings:  FRUIT, strawberries and bananas especially but ANYTHING sounds good.

 Anything making you queasy or sick: rare meat, and anything that is gory looking or sounding.

Gender Prediction: Boy. We've just realized we have started saying "he" when we talk about baby, lol it'll be a shock if it ends up being a girl haha!
 
Symptoms:  Lately, just fatigue. Still an occasional bout of nausea, but everything else seems to subsiding lately. Though I have had headaches the past few days... not sure if it's cuz I'm also getting over a cold or cuz of baby but either way it sucks, and I had wayyyy too much tylenol yesterday for my own or Jesse's liking :-S

Belly Button in or out? IN

Wedding rings on or off? ON
 
 Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. Though boy do I have a short fuse some days lol, luckily I get over it pretty fast most times. And I still cry at the drop of a hat. I re-read the Hunger Games books recently... think I cried about 20 times during it lol

Looking forward to: Feeling baby move :)



We have been starting to talk about shower plans with my mom... only starting, but we will be sure to start getting addresses soon so we can send invites! Unfortunately since we are moving so soon, the shower is gonna happen at 20 weeks which seems ridiculously early, but we don't really have another choice later on haha...

We just registered at the one physical store we are going to, otherwise we're doing a myregistry.com registry-- so nice! It IS crazy though how much stuff a little person requires! I keep thinking "Do we REALLY need this"? But it seems like a lot of it we either do, or it will make life a LOT easier. Sigh. 

In other news, I wish I could draw better and post a picture of what the nursery will look like! For now, here is an idea of what sort of things will be going into it:

Hanging somewhere... not 100% sure where yet

Also hanging-- perhaps above the elephant shelf I'm planning above the changing table? Lol so obsessed...

Fabric I'm going to make into crib sheets

Hamper

Thinking this would be cute in there, like above the crib in the room corner?

Hung above crib

Walls!!!

Shelf somewhere...maybe on elephant shelf

Pretty much all these "accessories", plus the crib style

Glider where I will spend the bulk of my time cuddling and obsessing over baby haha

Changing table organization... but different wipe box.

Possible changing table

Nightlight! Behind the dresser or something so it's not too bright.

Dresser

No comments:

Post a Comment