Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Cleaning!

I feel like I may have posted about this before but after the holidays we've just gotten worse and worse about keeping up with the cleaning. And now that we have a bigger place it's even harder. So a few weeks ago we started discussing making ourselves a cleaning schedule.

Now, it's not like our whole place is a pigsty or anything but the garbages get full much too fast, the table fills up with items we've brought home, dishes and laundry get backed up and sometimes Andrew's toys don't get put away at night so then they are in every nook and cranny. It happens so fast. One minute I'll be thinking "It's fine if we just go to bed tonight, it's not that bad in here. I'll catch up tomorrow." And then boom, there's crap everywhere haha!

SO, the other day I finally typed up a schedule:


I tried to zone things out a bit, and keep it to a minimum each day since often Jesse isn't able to help.

And just to clear it up a bit - often on weekends we have date nights or are gone a lot or just want to relax so sometimes we don't stay on top of chores as we should so that's why I have a "catch-up" day. Cleaning the front door means wiping away dead bugs, cleaning away cobwebs and spraying.
And the spider spray is a homemade recipe: 5 drops dish soap, 5 drops lemon juice or lavender oil and warm water. We spray this once a week because generally the only bugs we see here are spiders. And some of them are quite large and menacing looking :-S
Lastly, our car gets quite messy so we figured having a day to wash, vacuum, take out the garbage bag, organize, wash the car seat cover, etc would be great.

And I am sooooooo excited to get some new furniture for the patio. We're planning on getting a swinging bench (it's really cheap at Winn Dixie), 2 Bed, Bath and Beyond chairs and a smaller version of those chairs for Andrew. I also want a coffee table like thing but I haven't found one yet. But anyways, once that happens, I am going to deep clean the patio. Definitely have to sweep out there at LEAST once a week due to the dirt that gets blown in.
We also are caulking up some cracks on the patio because we have little lizards sneaking in and it freaks me out haha!


Well, that's all for now! TTFN <3

No comments:

Post a Comment