Monday, May 4, 2015

Her Royal Highness!

Any other anglophiles out there?? My mom, best friend and I sure are. SO I was anxiously refreshing my internet all week waiting for news of the new royal baby. And now she's here! 



Charlotte Elizabeth Diana was born on Saturday morning and is absolutely adorable. And obviously Kate was superwoman looking gorgeous hours after giving birth.



I did read a great article the other day though about not comparing ourselves to her. She DOES indeed have a whole team of people getting her ready for the public. Obviously she stays in great shape with a personal trainer and as for the rest, she's used to putting on a smile and being presented to the public and paparazzi. So fellow mamas out there - relax. We don't NEED to look like that after delivering a baby. And we should probably be thankful for that. Can you imagine the pressure? Yikes.

However, I know I definitely want to make more of an effort next time around so here are some ideas on the matter...

This dress is so cute, I could definitely be down with wearing this home. It looks comfy too which is a definite plus. And I'd probably forgo the heels for something like this. And lastly after either a shower or a healthy dose of dry shampoo, a high wrapped ponytail would be a pretty easy, low maintenance hairstyle for heading home. And if you have friends or family there with you, they'd probably be happy and able to help with hair or make-up if you'd want that.

Overall though, unless you just WANT to "dress up" for leaving, who cares what you look like. You just made a tiny human and that is a miraculous thing. Most of us don't have an audience when we leave and I'm sure your little one doesn't care what you look like as long as you are giving them lots of cuddles :)

Congrats to Will and Kate on a beautiful baby girl! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment