Monday, November 23, 2015

Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup

I cannot remember where I found this recipe, but I tried it for the first time last week and I loved it! Hubby's reaction? He took one bite and his exact words were "Oh my God."

....So I'd say it's worth a shot ;)


Recipe:

  • 4 diced large red potatoes
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1 diced ham steak
  • bacon bits (we fried our own and chopped it up)
Toss this all into your slow cooker, mix it up and set it on low all day (I think I let it cook for around 8 hours - just make sure the potatoes are soft and it's ready to go)

About 30 minutes before you eat, add:

  • 1.5 cups milk
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • as much shredded cheese as you'd like
**The only thing I would change about this recipe is to add some diced onions. I did end up adding in some onion powder which definitely improved the flavor but I think the actual onions would be really nice! You could saute them and add in with the dairy at the end!

You can also add sour cream and cheese on top of your portion to eat!

Overall, it was absolutely delicious and I definitely recommend it. We will be making it for sure in the not-too-distant future.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment