Wednesday, August 5, 2015

TTC and pregnancy so far

So for those of you that don't know, I miscarried last year - blog post here. It was really hard on us both but after a few months we were both wanting to continue trying.

In January I started birth control again and it made me so irregular, I basically just spotted for two months. It made trying to keep track of everything a nightmare. Finally in March, we decided to stop and see what happens. Again, I was really irregular for the next two months and then in May, after a few bouts of some nausea and sore boobs, I got a few positive tests. 

We made an appointment as soon as we could, and while they couldn't see anything on an ultrasound yet, they were able to confirm the pregnancy. A week later, we got to see what the tech referred to as a "tic-tac" and got to see it's tiny heartbeat. It was such a relief to see, and each appointment I go to/ each week that passes calms me a little more. There's definitely a lot more anxiety in this pregnancy than my first, but I'm trying to stay calm and take it easy.



As for pregnancy itself, it's been rough. My boobs are out of control, I'm lazy beyond all belief, exhausted 24/7 and the nausea is extreme. I'm holding my record of not throwing up while pregnant but it's come close many times, haha. I've definitely kept peppermints and ginger ale in stock and have found that eating snacks throughout the day and eating smaller meals really does help.

Also, I have a super nose. Hubby has been made the official dish washer and gross diaper cleaner. If I even get near the sink or dishwasher I pick up on something... like a weird mildew type of smell and it makes me want to hurl. It makes it quite difficult to do things like diaper laundry and gathering the trash as well. Ah, the joys of pregnancy ;)



We told our parents early on, and got on as many prayer chains as we could, told our friends in late July and then made it public. I had wanted to wait longer, but hubby was pretty unhappy about that. And one day I realized I could probably come up with excuses to keep it a secret the whole time. I'm sure I'm going to be much more anxious and aware this time around, even once the baby is here.

Andrew, however, seems to be doing very well. He is giving us hugs and kisses all the time, talking up a storm, and other than a few tantrums here and there, being very helpful. He tucks in his toys and gives them kisses. Also after reading a new baby book I asked him if he wanted to be a big brother and he got a huge smile and said yes.



Anyways, that's about all that's going on for now. I'm not in any maternity wear but my jeans are a bit snug. Not feeling any movement yet, but I'm looking forward to it! Right now there's just some stretching pains, usually in the evenings towards the beginning of a new week (week 11, week 12, etc). Cravings have been spicy food, onion bagels, and milk. Aversions so far are just eggs.

Planning on starting weekly updates any day now so stay tuned :)

TTFN <3

No comments:

Post a Comment