Saturday, December 1, 2012

35 Weeks!

"Your baby is standing tall (so to speak) this week at about 20 inches and continues his steady weight gain (he’s about 5.5 pounds). While he won't get much longer, he will continue to pack on the pounds — including large amounts of baby fat — right up 'til delivery day. Something else that's moving at a mind-boggling pace these day: fetal brain development! There’s a lot going on inside that tiny head, which is, by the way, still soft to allow an easier exit through the birth canal."
--whattoexpect.com



How far along? 35 Weeks

Maternity clothes? Indeed! I'm living in an oversize pair of sweat shorts, tank tops and maternity leggings!

Sleep: Pretty good for the first half of the week... now I am in the painful part of pregnancy lol, Can not get comfortable ever and baby is getting viscous ..let's just say there are a lot of tears these days... Worst night this week: finally fell asleep at 6am, woke up at 8am to baby going nuts, laid on the couch at about 10 and from 10 until 2 I went in and out of consciousness as baby's karate moves allowed. I feel as though I am starting my new mom phase (sleep when baby is sleeping) haha.

Best moment this week: So far, it's been spending time with my hubby. We're trying to do more activities just the two of us recently before baby comes, here's hoping we get at least a few more! :)

Miss Anything? Breathing, sitting & laying normally, rolling over in bed without feeling like a beached whale, NOT having my belly beaten up by a crazy strong baby boy, alcohol, lunchmeat and sushi.

Movement: BIG HUGE movements, like rolling over or deciding his entire body needs to stick out one side of my tummy. And lots of punches with some kicks in there too. And hiccups still everyday...

Food cravings: SWEETS. Oh lordy, it's bad. Milk is a big one too. I feel a bit like Tim Allen in The Santa Clause when he is going through his transformation haha!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Hamburger and pastrami.

Gender: Boy!


Symptoms: Back aches, hip aches, tummy aches, fatigue, dizziness, heartburn....

Belly Button in or out? It's still fighting but it's unclear as to whether it shall win or not. Some days a part of it is stickin out while the rest is stubborn...

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy-- though mostly I've just been really calm and content. Like I am perfectly happy to just sit somewhere and rub my bump and talk about or think about baby, and while I am anxious about the whole birth thing (mainly because I have a completely unwarranted paralyzing fear of doctors and hospitals-- though going to the OB has now become easy and once having toured the birthing facility I feel better about that aspect as well), I still feel pretty at peace about it all. I'm sure I'm also less nervous the closer we get cuz I'm just so ready to have my body back lol!

Looking forward to: Meeting baby!!! But more so I just can't wait to hold him. Jesse and I have begun talking about his little diapers or him holding our fingers, etc... and get absolutely ridiculous with excitement hehe! I'm also very excited about Christmas! I can't wait to see Jesse's face at some of the stuff I know he is getting this year! I also hope baby comes before then, simply because a tiny santa hat just arrived for him tee hee :)




No comments:

Post a Comment