Saturday, December 22, 2012

39 weeks! Anytime now baby!!

"Coming down to the wire, your baby weighs around seven to eight pounds and measures 19 to 21 inches. Those measurements won't change much from now on, but his brain is still growing at an astonishing rate, a pace that will continue for the first three years of life. His pink skin has now turned whitish (even babies who'll eventually have darker skin appear whitish now — they haven't yet developed pigment). His head may have dropped into your pelvis by now, which makes your breathing easier but walking harder."
-whattoexpect.com

This picture pretty adequately shows just how uncomfortable I am on a regular basis lol
How far along? 39 Weeks

Maternity clothes? So far the past few days it's been one pre-pregnancy baby doll type dress and then long camis and maternity leggings when I go out. I'm soooo adventurous right lol

Sleep: Meh, it's okay. Lately I've been falling asleep around 9 or 10pm, waking up for the day sometime around 5 am and then there is usually a nap in there somewhere.

Best moment this week: Hearing that the process has begun (even though getting to find that out was particularly unpleasant lol)!!! It's a frustrating thing though because in my head I'm thinking "FINALLY! It's almost over" and then reality sets in knowing that it could still be several days if baby wants to be stubborn (which we already know he is a stubborn little guy). Now let me clarify, I've loved being pregnant and being blessed with this miracle and experience but I'm now just way too friggin impatient to have my body back and mainly to have baby in my arms!!! I literally feel like my arms ache sometimes not being able to hold him :-/

Miss Anything? So many things lol. I wonder if I will have phantom baby belly syndrome after Andrew is born-- is that a thing? Hmmmm

Movement: Well for the past few weeks it's been the same-- his head is down, bottom on the left (sometimes sticking out below my ribs) and his legs/ feet are on the right. So anytime he kicks or pushes it is in the EXACT same area. a small circle including my ribs which is starting to get pretty painful on occasional.

Food cravings: Sweets! I could eat forzen yogurt all friggin day long lol

Anything making you queasy or sick: Same old-- hamburger, pastrami, pepperoni....

Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: Not really. Now that we know the process has begun we are both much more in tune to what is happening but it still is just random cramping all over on and off all day. Waiting impatiently for regular contractions to start so we can get this show on the road!! You know, people have told me that by the end of pregnancy the birth no longer intimidates you because you are so ready to be done... I didn't know if that was gonna happen to me (and get this, I have been calm about the actual birth for months but as it got loser what did I stress out about? Getting an IV. Damn Jesse making me afraid of needles, sigh.), but it is SO true. Now I go through everyday just wishing something would happen so I know we are almost there. Once it starts I am going to be so relieved. I just want him to come now! Sooooo impatient lol

Symptoms: Pain in my side/ ribs when Andrew stretches or kicks, back aches like all the time, weird random moments of my legs tingling, lots of random cramping, heartburn, round ligament pain if I don't support my belly while laying on my side, sore hips....

Belly Button in or out? It is starting to be pretty regular for it to be poking out just a bit. The other night I was absentmindedly rubbing my bump and started noticing a weird lump (originally thought it was the scar tissue from my belly button piercing sine that sticks out a bit), and realized it was my belly button sticking out a bit in the middle-- I told Jesse and he goes "uh oh! UH OH!" as he felt it and then we both dissolved into a giggle fit for about 15 minutes lol

Wedding rings on or off? On. Still fits the same as always. Except when, like at my last appointment, they keep me shut into a hot room with no air circulation for 45 minutes. Then I can BARELY get them off or on. Sigh.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but IMPATIENT

Looking forward to: Baby coming!!! I may just cry with relief when contractions start or my water breaks hahahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment