Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012 and preeclampsia scare

Well, still no baby :-( I'm glad that my belly must be cozy but we are so anxious to have Andrew here in our arms!!

Here are some photos of our last Christmas without baby:

New Jenga game from my mom...

Cookies and the gingerbread house pre-decoration time

Christmas Eve dinner: homemade buns, cheesy potatoes, southern green beans, sparkling juice and ham-- plus homemade pumpkin pie for desert- yum!

The tree and gifts pre-stocking opening

Decorating the gingerbread house

Isn't it cute???

Christmas breakfast: cupcake quiche and egg nog french toast. SO good!!

Baby's first gift

First teething toy from Andrew's godparents!

Gifts from godparents and grandparents

Jesse's mom found this for baby!! So excited for him to be big enough to use it!!! :-D 

My gifts-- some cozy boots, popcorn, a cute frame from Jesse and BEDDING!! I have been longing for a matching bedding set for ages and now we have it! Love, love, love it and have been spending way too much time in it since lol

Jesse with his favorite gift: 3 season of Burn Notice which we have been watching marathon for 2 days now hehe

Xmas gore ;-P

Jesse wearing a gift from santa-- that sweater!! I love dressing this guy up lol

So, in other news, we went in for our 39 week appointment on Thursday the 27th... went through the regular routine but after a few tries, their bp machine wasn't working so she sent us to the room to wait. Awhile later a new nurse came in with a handheld machine but it still wasn't reading my blood pressure. Finally she got a hand-operated one and turns out my bp was too high for the others to read! So the doctor came in, measured and listened to baby's heartbeat and did the exam and then sent us straight to labor and delivery at the hospital for tests and monitoring. We were both kinda freaking out during the 20 or 30 minute drive but we tried to get it off our minds and prayed on the way there.

Upon arriving, we were registered and led up to a room at "The baby place". I changed and got into the bed while they set up the wireless heart monitors for me and baby. I also got hooked up to an automatic bp machine. It was a bit lower but still too high. I had to do yet another urine sample and they took about 5 vials of blood and set up an IV in case we would be staying overnight. This was one of the things that made me anxious about the hospital-- it wasn't pleasant, but not terrible. 

We were at the hospital for a few hours but my bp dropped down to it's normal level, all the labs came back normal, and apparently baby was doing just great the whole time which is a huge relief! So after having the IV taken out, getting set up for a 24 hr protein lab and getting discharge papers, we were free to go. 

I've never been a fan of doctors or hospitals so originally I was terrified of the birth process because of those two things. Well, we got to tour the birthing facility about a month ago and it calmed me down SO much. The hospital is brand new--just opened in October-- and it is so calming. Tan colored walls, wood floors and paneling everywhere, minimal monitoring equipment and the rooms are HUGE with a guest bed, recliner type chair and spa tub in the bathroom. Even though I was SO much calmer after touring (and trust me I am very happy everything ended up being ok with me and baby with the bp/ preeclampsia scare), it was nice in a way to have the experience at the hospital. Now the IV thing does not freak me out too much, I am much more comfortable with the environment and the staff there is all great. The last hurdle is just the birth part haha! We are trying to figure out what pain management option we want but IF we choose the epidural that'll be my next big stresser. I used to be the kid that watched needles go into my skin and loved it....ever since meeting Jesse, I have picked up on his aversion to needles. Which SUCKS. lol

Basically, I can't wait to get this show on the road. We are starting to feel as though baby will never be here, and with all his stuff having been up for over a month now, it's getting depressing not having him here in our arms! Today is his due date so here's to hoping SOMETHING happens soon! :)


TTFN! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment