Thursday, December 20, 2012

38 Weeks

"Hey, your little one isn't so little anymore, weighing close to seven pounds and measuring 20 inches long.Fetal development is nearly complete as your baby tends to a few last-minute details like shedding the skin-protecting vernix and lanugo. He's also producing more surfactant, a substance that prevents the air sacs in his lungs from sticking to one another once he starts to breathe. Most of the changes this week are small but important: He’s continuing to add fat (so he can take advantage of all those photo ops by sporting a round, cute baby look!) and fine-tuning his brain and nervous system (so he can deal with all the stimulation that awaits him once he makes his entrance into the world)."
--whattoexpect.com




How far along? 38 Weeks

Maternity clothes? These days, it's whatever I manage to get on lol-- maternity leggings are a staple.

Sleep: Meh. This week I got three hours one night, Nine the next, three the next... I think it depends on baby/ my brain/ how exhausted I am. Usually taking a nap everyday though.

Best moment this week: Just being productive in general-- I feel like it has been ages since I've been productive lol


Miss Anything? So many things haha, but all well worth it :) Two months from baby's due date and all the things I miss can begin again! :)

Movement: INDEED! Lol, my new favorite thing is when he pushes his foot out and I can feel the whole bottom of his tiny foot, magical moments like that definitely make everything in the third trimester worth it :)

Food cravings: Don't know that I'm having much, though I'm always but for sweets (yuck lol). Otherwise I'm trying to eat something spicy everyday to help Andrew get the picture haha

Anything making you queasy or sick: Hamburger, pastrami and this just in...pepperoni. But only when ON the pizza. If I pick it off and eat it, it's fine.... WTF??


Gender: Boy!!


Labor Signs: Baby SEEMS to be moving around a bit less, and I'm definitely having lots of random cramping all over my stomach and pelvic area... plus an occasional bout of lower back aching... Bbay still hasn't dropped but have been reading that he might not until labor actually starts, so that makes me feel a bit more hopeful haha

Symptoms: Back aches, hip and leg pain, cramping, round ligament pain is back trying to hold up my little bowling ball (lol), fatigue, shortness of breath, having to pee allllll the time, and heartburn.

Belly Button in or out? Somehow it's still pretty flat though sometimes when I use my abs it pops out a bit haha


Wedding rings on or off? On!


Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy & EXCITED!!! I have been feeling anxious ever since talking to hubby about what to do if complications arise... When I really stop to think about it, I'm pretty calm about the actual birth and know that everything will be okay but there is that tiny part of my brain that is freaking out about the minute chance of something going wrong with baby. However, I think I've been so impatient about baby getting here that I'm just anticipating way too much which is leading to stress. So I am making a big effort to just go about my day not expecting or waiting for anything and it seems to be helping quite a bit! :)

Looking forward to: Andrew's arrival!!! I'm hardcore daydreaming/ dreaming about him being here, I absolutely cannot wait to hold him in my arms <3 !!!!!




So in other news, now that we are past full term, and only ELEVEN days from baby's due date (can you believe it?!?!?!?), we are getting the final preparations done... in other words, here are my two projects for the week (besides walking and eating spicy food to entice baby to head out lol):

1. Slow-cooker meals found here

2. Padscicles. Yup, they sound pretty amazing lol-- found here

TTFN!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment