Monday, September 7, 2015

Munchkin is sick! :(

...and my pregnant self is not handling it well.

Having a sick toddler is the worst. It’s always crazy messy, you feel terrible for the poor little kid, and it’s just highly unpleasant. The only thing worse is being pregnant with a superhuman nose and quick gag reflex with a sick toddler.

Poor Andrew has some kind of stomach bug going on right now. Friday I woke him up from his nap to find his bed covered in throw-up. It took all my will power to strip the bed and throw everything in the wash without throwing up myself. Once that was done I threw lavender oil on his bare mattress, changed his clothes, cleaned him off and washed our hands about 5 times. He seemed fine for a few hours after that but then threw up twice in a row about 2 hours after dinner. I immediately held my breath and went to go hold the crying little man and then created a mantra to help me clean up. It was rough.

Thankfully my mom was able to come over and help me with him – she also brought some Pedialyte for him to drink which helped quite a bit, I think. Saturday and Sunday he was perfectly fine – no weirdness, no throwing up, nothing.

Monday morning, I entered his room to find diarrhea everywhere. Thankfully Jesse was home and able to help me. He cleaned up the bed and floor, bathed Andrew and got him dressed as well as doing the laundry and staying up to continue changing Andrew. He is the bestest.

Andrew had some probiotics in his milk this morning and is currently sucking on another bottle of Pedialyte so fingers crossed that whatever this is goes away fast! 

I’m so happy to be pregnant but it’s frustrating to be so “fragile” sometimes. Oh well. This too shall pass :) Just hoping the little guy feels better soon - it sucks big time when your kid is sick and you can't do much about it.

Being sick means cartoons in mommy and daddy's bed


Saturday morning


No comments:

Post a Comment